NLX Trust - Band Funds
WHO CAN APPLY:
Chief and Councils of the Eight Participating Bands.
If one of the eight Participating Bands wish to withdraw funds from Trust or reallocate a surplus from the previous year, please submit the following:
- The filled in application form including a budget and overview of your programs/projects; and a
- Band Council Resolution
Please download the files 1 – 3 below and submit to the trustees or the admin trustee.
HOW CAN NLX TRUST FUNDS BE USED?
The Trust Indenture authorizes fund spending for only the following Fund Uses and Purposes:
1. General Administration and Governance of the Trust
2. Culture, Heritage, and Language
4. Social Development
5. Economic Development
6. Environmental and natural resources
7. Education, training, bursaries, and scholarships
8. Community Infrastructure, and
9. Sports and Recreation
The NLX Community Trustees can approve the release of funds as long as certain conditions are met:
• The Band has met the reporting requirements of previous years;
• The Band has filled in the application form and BCR fully;
• The uses described in the application form meet the Trust uses of funds allowed; and
The Band has available funds in the NLX Trust Band Funds balance.
If a Band, or the CNA, fails to use a distribution for a Fund Use or fails to report on the use of a distribution, they are in default and cannot receive further distributions until the problem is resolved.
- Download files 4 and 5 from the resource list above.
BAND FUNDS BALANCE:
To find out your current Band fund balance the Chief and Council of the Eight Participating Band can contact the administration trustee or trustee below.